TV/Movies Chat

Re: TV/Movies Chat

Postby Godzuki » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Just saw Star Wars , loved it! :clap: :clap: Much better than the prequels, but not quite as magical as Epis 4-6 (the original trilogy) IMO, but pretty darn close. People were clapping and cheering all the way through, that really added to the fun, since I don’t normally hear that at the movies. Does anyone want to talk about it? If its too soon (DO NOT READ MY SPOILERS UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE OR YOU WILL HUNT ME DOWN AND KILL ME! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :P ):

Spoiler:
I really missed Ben Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin as Force "ghosts" or spirit guides or whatever they're called. I do hope they make their appearance next movie since they talk with Luke a lot and he showed up at the end!!!!! Wasn't that the coolest to see him again!!!!!!! Oh I hope, I hope, I hope!

Luke is Rey's father right? He has to be! Jakku is like Tatooine, she was an orphan, the Force is strong in her, she looks like Padme/Leia (family resemblance), great pilot, good. And that look Luke gives her when he sees her!!! What do you think?

Does Ben know who she really is? Do you think he will be like his grandfather and find redemption or is he the bad guy? and WHO was that Voldemort/new Emperor guy? They didn't really explain him at all, but thats how the Emp started out in the other movies, so I'm sure we'll learn more as we go along

When will R2D2 get fed up with C3PO and leave him for good? :rofl:
Godzuki

Postby Godzuki » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Just saw “Before We Go” with Chris Evans (Capt America) in it.
Spoiler:
It was kind of cute and sweet but the dialogue was so awkward and even though Evans character is actually a hero and you want the girl with him, his character had a creepy, stalkery, vibe. Yes, I get that he rescued her, but he was following her around and that would scare/creep me out! And he kept talking to her when at first she wanted to be left alone!

How I would improve it: he pays for her to stay in a hotel room and arranges for her to return home the next day. He gives her a piece of paper (since her phone is dead LOL) with his contact info so she can write him a check (or contact him but puts the ball in her court so she feels comfortable) to pay him back. He doesn’t contact her at all, leaves it up to her. She decides to email/text/write/whatever and they slowly start up a friendship that turns into something more, with them slowly getting to know each other. They start visiting each other and eventually he proposes and they finally get to be in the same place. That would have been so romantic!

I feel that the premise for this story would have made a good "RedBum" assignment :mrgreen:
Godzuki

Postby nightsmusic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Then you should write it and I'll post it on RedBum! :mrgreen:
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby AMused » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Looks like Gerry is going to be a villain ......

AMused

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Thanks A-M, I'd seen a bit about this movie but not the trailer. I'll probably see this because I tend to like the ridiculous. Don't think Gerry is our sweet innocent anymore, darn it!

Finally getting to see Star Wars this coming Thursday. Had lunch with DD and SIL and it took us 3 more days before we could come up with a day we go together. SIL looks at DD and says, ok, what' s on the agenda for that day? She hauls out this notebook and starts going through pages of lists.....wanted to put my head in my plate to keep from laughing. DD is not only organized to a fare-thee-well but also compulsive to a fault! Sure glad SIL handles it well, he's the epitome of patience. :rofl:
lifeinparadise1

Postby Godzuki » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:46 pm

nightsmusic wrote:Then you should write it and I'll post it on RedBum! :mrgreen:

I wish I could!!! I feel like I come up with interesting ideas/skeletons of stories but I cannot flesh them out to save my life. That is a gift you wonderful authors have :love:

AM, thanks for the clip, that looks too dark for me with the eye gouging :ohno: :what: Although it looks like he gets some kinda magical eye thingy later? :hmm: My teen wants to see it, maybe I'll go with and just close my eyes and listen to GB's voice during the scary parts :drool: :mrgreen:

LiP, come back and tell us what you think after watching Star Wars!! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!! :banana:
Godzuki

Postby nightsmusic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:16 am

OMG! Not only did we lose Davie Bowie, one of the most influential music artists of all time, but today, Alan Rickman died! :what: A long battle with cancer evidently. I'm shocked and so saddened...
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby Godzuki » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 am

nightsmusic wrote:OMG! Not only did we lose Davie Bowie, one of the most influential music artists of all time, but today, Alan Rickman died! :what: A long battle with cancer evidently. I'm shocked and so saddened...

I woke up to this news and am in denial and disbelief :( People are posting some sweet tributes on FB and I'm sure on other social media. Pictures of wizards holding their wands up in respect and messages of "After all this time" and "Always"

I hate cancer :(
Godzuki

Postby honeyphan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, tonight we're finally going to see Star Wars - spent the last week catching up on all six (and watching them in chronological order, as opposed to when they were released) so that was interesting! :)

I'll let you know what I think when I see it...
Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Honey, I'll be watching for your thoughts on Star Wars, perhaps you're in theater now?

Our (SIL, DD and myself) first comments were boy could they have shaved off a few minutes......movie so long we were all stiff as could be when we got up to leave. Other than that, we all LOVED it! I had not seen the first six in many, many years and did not view prior. Wanted to see how my memories served me, apparently well enough. It was a bit like walking into a favorite store you hadn't visited in years but everything was still in the same place.

The continuation of the original story line was a great idea, brought back all the delights and sadness of the first films but also made a serious connection to newer generations, both those in the film and those watching the movie. Was certainly a way to answer questions from before and to introduce new characters and carry on with most of the original themes.

Can't praise Harrison's Hans Solo enough, he MADE the show work and did an incredible piece of acting. Will he return? We'll see..... I wasn't so impressed with Princess Leia, her part sort of felt added in just to say she was there, didn't seem to really fulfill the story line. Harrison's craggy looks fit the story, her dowdy look didn't do much for me. Better they should have left her out.

Film itself was gorgeous, fight scenes a bit tiresome to watch, they went on and on, that's where I think they could have shaved off time. Certainly kept one's attention glued to the screen until the last minutes. I'm thinking of going to see it again this week, just so I can completely understand some of the conversation that was hard to catch. Plus, it's possible to have the entire theater to myself, what a treat!

I saw someone else had made some comments and I didn't read them, so will do so now. Curious to see if we had some of the same impressions.

One last thing, the scroll at movie beginning really made me feel like I'd slipped back in time twenty years, a strange feeling. Would have been ok if a look in my mirror had shown the same time reversal. :rofl: :rofl:
lifeinparadise1

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO