PotO 2014 TOUR DATES!!!!

PotO 2014 TOUR DATES!!!!

Postby nightsmusic » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

It's here! It came today! There's too much on the page to list them all, so I'll just give you a link to the tour dates. :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f82 ... 3357dbb713
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Re: PotO 2014 TOUR DATES!!!!

Postby honeyphan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 pm

nightsmusic wrote:It's here! It came today! There's too much on the page to list them all, so I'll just give you a link to the tour dates. :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f82 ... 3357dbb713

That is awesome, NM! :hearts:
Any idea of who will play the Phantom? I love Earl Carpenter's rendition of him!
JOJ- not so much.
Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Postby nightsmusic » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Somewhere in all of that information, it does say who it is, but I forget now. Sorry. I think we're going to do Cincinnati but when I called for tickets, the only ones on sale are for Boston so we'll have to wait until after the first of the year. :(
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Hmmmm....got this info a few days ago in my email, didn't realize that not everyone had seen the notice. What puzzled me is that they state there are 14 announced cities plus the opening in Providence, RH. But they only list 12. From what I could tell the furthest west performance is Des Moines. Do hope they will head to the west coast and coincide with my being there in the summer! :yay: :yay:
lifeinparadise1

Postby honeyphan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm

nightsmusic wrote:Somewhere in all of that information, it does say who it is, but I forget now. Sorry. I think we're going to do Cincinnati but when I called for tickets, the only ones on sale are for Boston so we'll have to wait until after the first of the year. :(

Yeah, but at least you WILL get to see it, even if it is later - later is better than never.
Like it will be for some of us. lol

:P

;-)
honeyphan

Postby Godzuki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for posting this!!! :yay: :clap:

I must say I'm torn though, on the one hand, a new version of POTO sounds so exciting and like I"m gonna say no to watching it :P

but on the other hand, I remember they had some promo scenes that we discussed in depth on PGN and IIRC, for example, in the FL scene they had some tweaks I hated like C fearfully returns the ring by placing it on a table and running away. I hated that! To me, having her approach him and touch him with love/dignity is so much more moving (like how they did this scene in the 25th anniversary with Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess)
Godzuki

Postby nightsmusic » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I understand, but then again, both PotO and LND evolved over several months so I'm hoping the US audience response will help them see the error of their ways... :fence:
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby honeyphan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Godzuki wrote:Thanks for posting this!!! :yay: :clap:

I must say I'm torn though, on the one hand, a new version of POTO sounds so exciting and like I"m gonna say no to watching it :P

but on the other hand, I remember they had some promo scenes that we discussed in depth on PGN and IIRC, for example, in the FL scene they had some tweaks I hated like C fearfully returns the ring by placing it on a table and running away. I hated that! To me, having her approach him and touch him with love/dignity is so much more moving (like how they did this scene in the 25th anniversary with Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess)

G- I watched that scene and she didn't look one bit fearful.
More like she was overwhelmed and held back and ran away so as not to run back to him.

When he fell to his knees and she fell to hers and embraced him, (after the kiss) it was very touching and showed she wasn't fearful- though I miss that they didn't show all three kisses.
But I loved when he blindfolded her and danced with her. :hearts:
There are aspects I loved more about this one and those I preferred the other. Like when he reaches for the mask on the floor in STYDI, I love how she grabs his hand to stop him- that's not fear- then picks it up herself and returns it to him.

Sort of a balance of scales the way I feel about both versions, I guess you could say.
Pros for some, cons on the other.
honeyphan

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow! checked out the accompanying video for the new Phantom tour, lots and lots of differences in just a couple of minutes. Should be interesting to say the least......especially that male statute/person at the end who is stark naked, full frontal. That should get everyone's attention. :what: :o :o
lifeinparadise1

Postby honeyphan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 pm

lifeinparadise1 wrote:Wow! checked out the accompanying video for the new Phantom tour, lots and lots of differences in just a couple of minutes. Should be interesting to say the least......especially that male statute/person at the end who is stark naked, full frontal. That should get everyone's attention. :what: :o :o

That's the one with JOJ.
I didn't really like him as well at all.
Earl Carpenter- now his scenes of this you have got to see! :)
He has become one of my favorite Phantoms - though Gerry and Ramin still rank tops.

Have you ever seen them on YT?
I have most of it, not all, and have been using bits in my music vids.

Here are my latest PotO vids that show snippets of more if you want to see. :)
I haven't yet started a thread of my PotO music vids, but these are my latest, that feature this new production also. I have more I've been doing this with, but this is how I make my vids now, often using all versions (though I vary). lol:

Bel Air by Lana Del Rey (a request)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BPobD6A4n0

Bleed (I Must Be Dreaming) - Evanescence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbMyI94ueg

Stay With Me by Danity Kane (a request)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJfOUq9Lyk

Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzozDhtNiM0
honeyphan

Next

Return to Board index