What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Postby whisper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:52 pm

I just finished a fun read. Hyperbole and a Half: Situations,Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh. very amusing crazy shorts and drawings. the dog stuff is hilarious. Peek inside.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperbole-Half-Un ... and+a+half

a link to her blog and one of her stories included in the book. dog owners and lovers will understand hahahaha.
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... cepts.html
whisper

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Godzuki » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks, I’ll have to check that out! Keep the ideas coming guys, I need to read something exciting and fast - the other night I dreamed of this really cute guy talking to a girl and they were clearly attracted to one another yet they talked about highlighter pens. HIGHLIGHTER PENS!!!!!!!???????? THIS is what I dream about??? :o :rofl: :hmm: I suppose I can blame being caught inside with the kiddos for one too many snow days but this is just sad!

Luckily, OUAT is on tomorrow so hopefully I’ll see some Rumple and get some inspiration. What I really need to do is watch POTO, that always gets the juices going... :drool: :mrgreen:
Godzuki

Postby Operatart » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 am

I've just finished reading 'Georgiana Darcey's Diary' by Anna Elliott. It was a freebie on my Nook app but I really enjoyed it. If, like me, you always wonder what happened to the peripheral characters in novels after the main ones have had their happy ending, this is perfect.

It's a sequel to Pride and Prejudice and tells the story of Mr Darcey's sister, Georgiana. Lizzie B and Mr Darcey have been married for a year when the story begins and all of the other characters from P&P put in an appearance too.

As Georgiana's story is told through extracts from her diary the writer doesn't need to follow Jane Austen's style too closely. A big plus for me as I have to confess I'm not a fan of her written style although I do love her stories!

The story is very romantic...though also very chaste....no bodice ripping...sorry G ;-)
Operatart

Postby Gerry's Protector » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:39 am

I'm working my way through Jane Eyre at the moment, but recently finished some Phantom fan fiction that I found wasn't really what I was hoping for but eh it's a win or loose.

Does anyone know of Phantom MOVIE book fiction?
Gerry's Protector

Postby whisper » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:09 pm

i finished Sous Chef by Michael Gibney was a great read for me and for most foodies, but it does require a familiarity with restaurant jargon. i'm not sure a non cooking reader would enjoy it at all. i would give it 4**** for authenticity and passion. i learned one thing: i wouldn't last a day as a sous chef hahahahaha.
whisper

Postby whisper » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

i'm reading Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson, just started because my DH keeps telling me that i have no idea about the history of the ME. i told him "i do understand" but he doesn't recognize culinary knowledge as a valid historical/ political source. and sooooo i will educate myself on the politics...do they wear kilts?
whisper

Postby AMused » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:04 pm

The Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C Morais looks like a great read for foodies.

Oprah and Steven Spielberg produced the movie that's coming out next month.
AMused

Postby Eponine » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:13 am

Have you anyone read Divergent Series? I finnished it yeaterday and I can't recover from it :argh:
Loyalty, honor and a willing heart, I can ask no more than that.

Will you follow me, one last time?
Eponine

Postby nightsmusic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 am

Have not read it (And Hi there!) but I thought it was YA and I don't usually read that. So it was good? They made a movie from it, I know.
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby Eponine » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 pm

I can't tell you, if it is good. I was very impressed by it }ok, I felt in love with it from the firs pages) and I could not think about real life. But the book 3 was dissapointment for me, especially the end. Not only that it was very sad (well, it was not the first story without happy end) - but this time I felt confused, empty, devastated, without reconciliation, hope or... I don't know.

What does it mean YA?
Loyalty, honor and a willing heart, I can ask no more than that.

Will you follow me, one last time?
Eponine

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO