FINALLY! I Watched LND

FINALLY! I Watched LND

Postby ayesha » Sat May 10, 2014 1:34 pm

:wave: Hello, Ladies - I know it's been a long time. I don't know how many of the old group is still around or what everyone's up to nowadays.

Some months ago, Theo sent me an invite to this group and suggested that I see the new LND. I'd read the Phantom of Manhattan and really disliked it; but when Theo said this is much better than the book I purchased it at Amazon and held onto it so Erin (jayro) and I could watch it together.

Well, that hasn't happened yet as she's very busy with school and doesn't get down in my neck of the woods that often; and when I visit her, we usually have other plans. So the other night - with Tom away and being by my lonesome - I thought I'd take the DVD out and watch it for first time.

I'm only sorry that I didn't watch it long before this. I was SO impressed... The music is absolutely awesome, the storyline so much better than I remembered, and the Phantom was downright phantastic - along with Christine and the other cast members. Truly an awesome production!

Now...I'll be ordering the sheet music and the CD. (Yes, Erin and I will be watching it soon... I KNOW she'll love it)! Thanks, Theo!!! :clap:

Brava! Bravo! Magnifico!!!
ayesha

Re: FINALLY! I Watched LND

Postby nightsmusic » Sat May 10, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm so glad you finally watched it and that you enjoyed it! I really think the music is as brilliant as the original. They've changed a bit of the staging but it's still a phabulous production.
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby Operatart » Mon May 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Ayesha/Kathy!!! Great to see you here...Greetings from across the pond! :hugs:

I have to confess, shame on me, that I haven't watched LND yet either! Heard/love the music so I have to get organised and actually watch it!
Operatart

Postby ayesha » Tue May 13, 2014 9:19 am

Hi, OT, good to "see" you! :banana:

So, I see that I'm not the only one who hadn't watched it before this. You need to watch it so you can first, enjoy it (I'm sure you will) and so that you will come back here and talk about it. I hope to see you soon!
ayesha

Postby Godzuki » Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 am

AYESHA!!!!!! I am SOOOO HAPPY to see you again!!!!! :hugs: :banana: :yay: :hearts:

ayesha wrote:
I'm only sorry that I didn't watch it long before this. I was SO impressed... The music is absolutely awesome, the storyline so much better than I remembered, and the Phantom was downright phantastic - along with Christine and the other cast members. Truly an awesome production!
I am so glad you finally got to see it!!! I do so wish it had a happier ending, but I am patiently :foot: :mrgreen: :angel2: awaiting our resident authors phanfics on this very topic! Sometimes I watch LND and stop it when E/C are kissing in the dressing room and say "The End" , what can I say, I'm a sucker for a happy ending

Now...I'll be ordering the sheet music and the CD. (Yes, Erin and I will be watching it soon... I KNOW she'll love it)! Thanks, Theo!!! :clap:

Brava! Bravo! Magnifico!!!
I often find myself humming the tunes from LND/POTO in various orders, and sometimes have to stop and think of which show they really belong to. Sometimes a sequel feels so different from the original but to me the music just flows from POTO to LND and just "fits" IMO

Again, so glad to have you back! We're not as active as the original PGN but still loving/enjoying each others company (minus all the drama from before LOL)
Godzuki

Postby ayesha » Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

:wave:, Godzuki! You guys knew that once I watched LND I'd HAVE to talk about it, LOL! I noticed that there is a DVD of the original POTO starring Ramin Karimloo (do I have that right)? I've never heard of him but I've read such positive reviews of it that I think I'll have to get that DVD, too. I've been away from POTO for so long that it now seems as fresh as it did when I saw the original w/Gerry! :yay:

ETA: Looks like I'm going to have to make meself some more avatars and siggies! LOL!
ayesha

Postby Eponine » Tue May 13, 2014 11:54 pm

Nice to see you again, Ayesha :wave:
Loyalty, honor and a willing heart, I can ask no more than that.

Will you follow me, one last time?
Eponine

Postby ayesha » Wed May 14, 2014 7:32 am

Hi, Eponine! Good to "see" you! :wave:
ayesha

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO