LND....

Re: LND....

Postby honeyphan » Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 am

Godzuki wrote:HONEY!!!!!!!!! YOU"RE BACK!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
:hugs: :hugs: :banana: :love:

YIPPEEE, this feels like home!!!! It had been quiet in here lately!!! :hearts:

G!!!!

Will it feel even more at home if I post a chapter of Symphony soon? ;-)

I want to get caught up on that so I can start posting Come to Me soon. lol

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

:hearts:
Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Postby honeyphan » Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 am

lifeinparadise1 wrote:Honey, must join the pack and send birthday wishes too.....I'm deep in the first one of the your books......will be sending you a long PM. I'm so impressed!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :love:

I'm amongst those that have probably been too quiet, maybe not a bad thing......has taken me a long time to feel up to speed in this life after fur person, but I'm getting there. :hmm:

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! :hearts:
I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

Fur person? I take it you lost a pet recently? I'm so sorry. Image
We had to put our dog down last week- I was never close to him, except in his puppy-hood (being honest here- cat person that I am). My parents were the ones who suffered most I think, since they spent the most time with him.
honeyphan

Postby ayesha » Wed May 28, 2014 10:40 am

Hi, Honey, it's been a long time! :hearts: Good to see you; it sure does feel like old times, LOL! :hugs:

Oh, and .... :birthday1: :cake: I hope you have a wonderful day!

Very - and yet more to give credence to the hidden plot of movie (and show)!

H-m-m-m-m..... :hmm:

The lyrics I posted are the revised ones. The original are the ones where the Phantom is involved and it's only him and M Giry, Meg is not a part of the 'conversation' there. I'll go through the Aussie version again, but it won't be for a day or two and check for the differences.

I found it interesting that the only time that the P is shown interacting w/Mme Giry and/or Meg (this is the Aussie version that I'm referring to) is when he suspects Mme Giry of possibly kidnapping his son. He has no interaction w/Meg outside of attempting to hide his face after G had run away from him.

Yeah, I do. She is soooo angry when she finds out P’s plans to care for Gustave. I think she shoulda took a chill pill first. Did she really think E would give 100% to G and nothing for his faithful friends who had stayed by him this whole time? IMO he was just “in the moment” and thinking “what can I do to do right by my son, my only child?”. I’m sure if MG had told the P her fears he would have reassured her and made sure they were provided for. JMHO, but I do see him as loyal especially to those loyal to him.

I agree. It seemed to me that Meg had a sort of 'crush' on P, maybe inadvertently instigated by her mother. I also got the impression that the Trio were closer to P than what Mme Giry and Meg had been. For having done so much for him, they didn't seem to know or understand him very well. JMHO.
ayesha

Postby Godzuki » Wed May 28, 2014 4:38 pm

honeyphan wrote:
Will it feel even more at home if I post a chapter of Symphony soon? ;-)

I want to get caught up on that so I can start posting Come to Me soon. lol

YES!!!!!! :yay: :drool: :pray:
Godzuki

Postby honeyphan » Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 am

Hey, Ayesha! :)
Good to see you too! And thank you! Image

And yes, G. Image

It's coming...

(It takes awhile to put in all the HTML crudola, or I'd put them up sooner. lol)

:angel2:
honeyphan

Postby ayesha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am

As sad as I was to see Christine die at the end, I've come to the conclusion that it's poetic justice. Both the Phantom and Raoul wanted her so much yet when they had her, they didn't do right by her. The Phantom left her (with child, although he didn't know it) and Raoul turned to drink and gambling. Although the Phantom no longer has Christine, he has his son - who is also a part of Christine. He has something to live for. He can train his son in music and watch him grow so he will always have a part of Christine with him.

Before I watched it, not only did I think that ALW couldn't surpass the original Phantom (especially w/something based on Forsythe's novel) but I also didn't think the music could possibly equal or yet be better for that matter. In the case of LND, I was pleasantly surprised. I LOVE the music - especially the P's song in the beginning (Til I Hear You Sing). I've ordered the CD and the sheet music so I can listen to my heart's content.

Thank you, Ladies, for taking the time to discuss this with me. :hugs:
ayesha

Postby Jayro » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Well, I finally watched the LND Aussie version today with Mom. The music was wonderful. I think my favorite is "Beauty Underneath."

However (and I'm getting my poncho on because I have a feeling I might get egged) I did not care for the story. I'm such a happy ending kind of girl that I found it depressing. I was supremely disappointed in Mme. Giry as well. She did not seem at all like her character in POTO. Instead of being protective of E, as she once was, she is greedy and scheming. More of what I would have expected from Carlotta.

Raoul was a disappointment as well. While his character was weak in POTO, he was young and noble with high views of the world. I get that he felt hopelessly unworthy of Christine and insecure, but I just could never imagine him as a gambling alcoholic. And his last "gamble" with Erik was so foolish (especially when he just finished bemoaning the fact that Erik and music had more of a hold on Christine than he ever would).

So, in short, the plot was a disappointment, but the music was stunning.
Jayro

Postby honeyphan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 am

I have a treat to all Ramin/Sierra - E/C fans ...
maybe this will get me out of the doghouse for not posting my chapters sooner! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6qCquO ... O0rFnNG9aw

All I can say- when I saw this, my daylong headache magically disintegrated- the chemistry is astounding!!
And the quality... This is what I have been waiting for since LND came out...and especially BaMS

;-)
honeyphan

Postby Godzuki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:48 am

Oh Honey, that was so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!!! I love how he moves like a cat towards her, so cautious, but powerful when he first comes in. They want to touch so badly and then they finally do, intertwining their fingers!!!!!!!! Oh and I love how he catches her and its all they can do not to kiss *swoon* I know, I got it bad (but so do all of you LOL)

*sigh* its so emotional and passionate and beautiful yet hard to watch all at the same time :hearts:

Jayro wrote:However (and I'm getting my poncho on because I have a feeling I might get egged) I did not care for the story. I'm such a happy ending kind of girl that I found it depressing.

So, in short, the plot was a disappointment, but the music was stunning.

Jayro, I just saw this :blush: no egging from me! :hugs: As excited as I was to see the sequel, it is so hard to watch C die. I sometimes just watch until the dressing room scene where they kiss and then turn it off LOL, saying "thats the end" :( I immediately rewrite a different ending in my head. And I agree with you, the music is just stunning, I listen to both POTO/LND all the time.
Godzuki

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Honey, thank you.......I have no words, just tears.......
lifeinparadise1

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO