OUTLANDER SERIES & BOOKS

Re: OUTLANDER SERIES & BOOKS

Postby honeyphan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:47 pm

nightsmusic wrote:You need to get the tray open first. It might have closed wrong and is jammed. Nothing on it will work if that's the case. Or it might have come unplugged internally. When you click on My Computer, do you see the drive? All of them? If so, then getting the door open to start with is the first thing.

I just looked - that drive doesn't show up anymore...

How do I plug it back internally if that's what happened?
Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Postby nightsmusic » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 pm

You'll have to shut down, then pull the back off, or open it from the side depending on the kind of tower you have, then follow the wires from the drive to where it should be plugged in. You'll be able to tell by the end on the wires. If it's not showing up and won't open, chances are it's not getting power. If that's the case, once you restart, it should show up.
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby honeyphan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:00 pm

nightsmusic wrote:You'll have to shut down, then pull the back off, or open it from the side depending on the kind of tower you have, then follow the wires from the drive to where it should be plugged in. You'll be able to tell by the end on the wires. If it's not showing up and won't open, chances are it's not getting power. If that's the case, once you restart, it should show up.

That sounds like something one of my boys will have to do. To get back there they will have to crawl under my computer table- my computer is so hooked up so so many ports and external hard drives! lol - cords everywhere- so it can't be pulled out or moved without possibly unhooking something, etc. Actually it sounds as if they will have to unhook everything, pull it out from under the table and carry it to the kitchen to take the back off of it...

I'll run it by them and see if any of them are willing. :) Thanks for the help!
honeyphan

Postby AMused » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Diana Galbaldon wrote a little story for Christmas, Outlander style on her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDianaGab ... 3865626116
AMused

Postby AMused » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:18 pm

AMused

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:12 am

Glorious Season two is upon us.

I will never, ever, view depilatory......or waxing......or fans in the same way! And need I mention porridge or a pric.... ?
Note to self: we do have some young readers.

Laughed myself silly at this epi, pure delight. :rofl:
lifeinparadise1

Postby honeyphan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 am

lifeinparadise1 wrote:Glorious Season two is upon us.

I will never, ever, view depilatory......or waxing......or fans in the same way! And need I mention porridge or a pric.... ?
Note to self: we do have some young readers.

Laughed myself silly at this epi, pure delight. :rofl:

I also smiled or laughed through all of eppie - especially when Analise came, when Jamie so indifferently pushed the minister of finance into the water, and when the king came in the room and that guy acted so normal with that ridiculous wig!! lol - I think I laughed the hardest then. The acting and their reactions to all of what happened were perfection.

It was nice to have such a lighthearted, humorous episode after all the heaviness of what was and what is still to come...
honeyphan

Postby honeyphan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Hey guys - I have another Outlander video up! :)
Those who have read the books will also recognize moments yet to come in the TV series - and the significance of the placement of the clips to lyrics there -

enjoy! (I hope) :hearts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXb-1dBoFTY
honeyphan

Postby honeyphan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:58 pm

And this is my first tribute vid I made for Outlander - it covers almost everything, before C loses the baby and they again meet BJR. My next tribute vid will cover that, as well as her going back into the 40s (after Culloden)
Hope you enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvVZ7uilclE
honeyphan

Postby nightsmusic » Sun May 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Beautiful, Honey! I love your videos.

So, we went to Grand Rapids for Phantom this weekend in celebration of our 35th anniversary. Below is my review. I miss the original...

I've seen the play at least 100 times and was very disappointed in the whole thing last night. I think the worst was how maniacal the Phantom seemed to be. In the original, at the end, I could see the continuation of the story, the fact the Webber originally could as well and wrote Love Never Dies with that continuing story in mind. In the new restaging, I wanted to smack the Phantom by the end of the play, he seemed so...vicious compared to the pitiable figure he is, even in the original book. I felt nothing for him at the end. It's the first time I haven't cried at the end of the play. Though I've seen several Phantoms, John Cudia still being my absolute favorite and the one actor who makes the Phantom most...human, I've never seen one that made me dislike him like last night. It's such a shame!

I also wasn't happy with the sets. They were all very claustrophobic. I thought at first that it was just the smaller stage at the De Vos center, but I see that it appears almost intentional according to a review on Broadway World. Very disappointing. The grandeur and splendor of the originals are part of what give the Phantom his mystery, his air of undeniable control over things because he comes across as larger than the sets.

I could deal with a bit of the truncated lyrics and scenes, but the worst was watching the Phantom come across as wanting to kill Christine. I think, for me, that part is unforgivable. He loves her. He LOVES her! And yet, he turns into the typical nutcase, holding the woman in front of him to protect himself, trying to choke her...it was a scene out of Cops.

I admit, I am spoiled. I watched the Las Vegas version several times, Tony was fabulous though, not quite John, but still brought a humanity to the role that was completely missing last night. He came across as insane, not one to be pitied or, as LND shows later, one to be loved.

Chris Mann (the Phantom) only came into his own during the first phrasing of "you alone can make my song take flight," and then went back to garnering little musical emotion until the last time he sings it. By then, it was too late.

Raoul was an egotistical twit though he did a good job of showing what has always been a bit lacking in the original, that overwhelming entitlement to get what he wants at anyone's cost, including the woman he supposedly loves.

Christine was too angry and showed little if any compassion to the Phantom, the managers were okay but I really missed the cock and bull masks in the masquerade scene! M Giry couldn't seem to make up her mind whether she was pro or anti Phantom...the two who I think made the whole show were Carlotta and Piangi. I've not seen a performance that I can remember, with a tiny little Diva and she dominated almost everything she was in.

This was very disappointing for me last night. Gone is the sweeping love, the mystical qualities and the magic, replaced by a claustrophobic anger and insanity and unless I get to NYC again to see it in its original form, I won't spend the time to see this new restaging again.

Such a sad, disappointment...
nightsmusic
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO