Guess Who Is Back

Guess Who Is Back

Postby Rose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 am

...that is if anyone remembers me? :ohno:

I've been missing in action for a couple years now, but I've never forgotten this place and all my old Phantom friends. :hugs: Real life sometimes pulls you away for a while and that's pretty much what happened to me, but I always knew that one day I'd come back, after all once the Phantom is 'their inside your mind' he's their to stay ;)

If their are any new people here, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Rose, a Phantom Phan who loves to analyze, discuss, and debate about our favorite characters of Erik, Christine, Raoul, :mrgreen: . I'm ready to discuss, but my computer unfortunately might mess up on me...I need to get a new one (easier to manage) the one I'm using now is too complicated for my simple tastes, lol. :argh:

But anyway...I've come bearing gifts, one of which is very close to my heart...a tale as old time that has inspired many authors including a Frenchman named Gaston Leroux who penned the tale that would inspire Andrew Lloyd Webber to write our favorite musical...is about to get a fancy new remake ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw

I'm super excited to see my favorite fairy tale on the big screen again, the last time was when I saw the animated film as a child, and I"m expecting nostalgia to hit me big time. :hearts:

Anyway, it's good to be back

Talk to you all again real soon

Rose
Rose

Re: Guess Who Is Back

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 am

ROSE? ROSE! You're here......my goodness, what a great surprise to read you are well and ready to join the party. Have seriously missed you and your stories, know how much you love Beauty and the Beast too. Looking forward to seeing your comments. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now if AMused would make an appearance things would be almost like old times, at least for this board. And Honey I owe you a long letter, been ignoring it as things are sort of out of control around my house and more company arriving in two weeks. This is the price you pay when you live in a resort area. When I lived in Los Angeles one year I took guests to Disneyland 5 different times. That was it for Mickey, I pulled the plug, told visitors there was a car if needed and my discount card and you're all on your own!!! Almost need a bank loan to go there these days.

So hope everyone else is well and happy and reasonably sane for another day. My sanity has about disappeared.

Rose, are you really sure you want to talk to this bunch again?????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lifeinparadise1

Postby ThePhantomsSiren » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 pm

HI ROSE!!!! :angel2:

I've missed talking with you.

I can't wait to see the new Beauty and the Beast as well....I'm listening to the soundtrack as I'm writing this (I hope they do it justice and don't veer to far away from the original). ;)

It is my favorite as well of all the Disney animated fairy tales.
"I am not really wicked, love me and you will see!
All I wanted was to be loved for myself..."
ThePhantomsSiren

Postby honeyphan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 am

Rose wrote:...that is if anyone remembers me? :ohno:

I've been missing in action for a couple years now, but I've never forgotten this place and all my old Phantom friends. :hugs: Real life sometimes pulls you away for a while and that's pretty much what happened to me, but I always knew that one day I'd come back, after all once the Phantom is 'their inside your mind' he's their to stay ;)

If their are any new people here, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Rose, a Phantom Phan who loves to analyze, discuss, and debate about our favorite characters of Erik, Christine, Raoul, :mrgreen: . I'm ready to discuss, but my computer unfortunately might mess up on me...I need to get a new one (easier to manage) the one I'm using now is too complicated for my simple tastes, lol. :argh:

But anyway...I've come bearing gifts, one of which is very close to my heart...a tale as old time that has inspired many authors including a Frenchman named Gaston Leroux who penned the tale that would inspire Andrew Lloyd Webber to write our favorite musical...is about to get a fancy new remake ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nl_TCQXuw

I'm super excited to see my favorite fairy tale on the big screen again, the last time was when I saw the animated film as a child, and I"m expecting nostalgia to hit me big time. :hearts:

Anyway, it's good to be back

Talk to you all again real soon

Rose

Hey, Rose!
How lovely to see you again! :hearts:
I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Beauty and the Beast movie (though I think my favorite version will always remain the miniseries with Prince Leon in the silver half mask - so Phantomy. Rawrrrrr. ;-)
Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Postby Rose » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:50 am

lifeinparadise1, ThePhantomsSiren, honeyphan,...it feels like home already :hearts:

lifeinparadise1 wrote

Rose, are you really sure you want to talk to this bunch again?????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol, are you kidding? You guys are my Phantom Pals, :hugs: I'm just missing AMused, Godzuki, and Nightsmusic, and then it will be just like old times. Remember all those discussions we used to have on the old PhantomGerry board? Those days are special for me, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.

ThePhantomSiren wrote

I can't wait to see the new Beauty and the Beast as well....I'm listening to the soundtrack as I'm writing this (I hope they do it justice and don't veer to far away from the original).

I've missed talking to you as well, :love:

You've got the soundtrack? Oh I'm jealous, :ahno: I'm waiting for my copy to arrive (ordered 2-Disk set) I've been listening to the songs on Youtube...some people are really trashing poor Emma in the comments section because she's not a trained singer which is totally unfair in my opinion...getting flashbacks of how people bashed Gerry for not being classically trained when taking on the part of the Phantom. I personally can't think of any other young actress who could pull off the role of Belle, I think she was a great choice and I think her voice is sweet, sure she's not Paige O' Hara but I was never expecting her to be. I"m looking forward to seeing her performance.

I'm really loving the new songs, I think 'Evermore' has become a all time favorite, at first I was a bit sad they didn't use 'If I Can't Love Her' from the stage show, but dang did they do an awsome job with the new song and wow...I didn't know that Dan Stevens has such a awsome voice, he sure sang his heart out, I already know I'll be bawling like a baby during that scene when the Beast let's Belle go!

Here it is below if any of you want to listen to it, major Phantom Vibes from that song :mrgreen: :violin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcxqpMbcSg

honeyphan wrote

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Beauty and the Beast movie (though I think my favorite version will always remain the miniseries with Prince Leon in the silver half mask - so Phantomy. Rawrrrrr. ;-)

Hey honeyphan!

It's great to see you too, I've missed you and the awsome 'hidden plot' discussions we used to have, perhaps we can have some of them again real soon!? :music:

Their was a 'Beauty and the Beast' miniseries? :what:

Ok, you've got to fill me in on that! :mrgreen:
Rose

Postby honeyphan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Rose wrote:lifeinparadise1, ThePhantomsSiren, honeyphan,...it feels like home already :hearts:

lifeinparadise1 wrote

Lol, are you kidding? You guys are my Phantom Pals, :hugs: I'm just missing AMused, Godzuki, and Nightsmusic, and then it will be just like old times. Remember all those discussions we used to have on the old PhantomGerry board? Those days are special for me, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.

ThePhantomSiren wrote

I can't wait to see the new Beauty and the Beast as well....I'm listening to the soundtrack as I'm writing this (I hope they do it justice and don't veer to far away from the original).

I've missed talking to you as well, :love:

You've got the soundtrack? Oh I'm jealous, :ahno: I'm waiting for my copy to arrive (ordered 2-Disk set) I've been listening to the songs on Youtube...some people are really trashing poor Emma in the comments section because she's not a trained singer which is totally unfair in my opinion...getting flashbacks of how people bashed Gerry for not being classically trained when taking on the part of the Phantom. I personally can't think of any other young actress who could pull off the role of Belle, I think she was a great choice and I think her voice is sweet, sure she's not Paige O' Hara but I was never expecting her to be. I"m looking forward to seeing her performance.

I'm really loving the new songs, I think 'Evermore' has become a all time favorite, at first I was a bit sad they didn't use 'If I Can't Love Her' from the stage show, but dang did they do an awsome job with the new song and wow...I didn't know that Dan Stevens has such a awsome voice, he sure sang his heart out, I already know I'll be bawling like a baby during that scene when the Beast let's Belle go!

Here it is below if any of you want to listen to it, major Phantom Vibes from that song :mrgreen: :violin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcxqpMbcSg

honeyphan wrote

Hey honeyphan!

It's great to see you too, I've missed you and the awsome 'hidden plot' discussions we used to have, perhaps we can have some of them again real soon!? :music:

Their was a 'Beauty and the Beast' miniseries? :what:

Ok, you've got to fill me in on that! :mrgreen:

Oh- it's wonderful - I started vidding it last year - they are a couple that stands out. I know there is a trailer around here somewhere (and we recently got the movie in English! - it had been in Italian) - but here is a vid I made with both PotO and Leon/Bella (or La Bella e la Bestia - Beauty and the Beaast). It's an enchanting version that follows the theme of Beauty and the Beast - he is scarred, wears a half mask, and acts like a monster, and she comes there as a servant, as a debt of repayment for her father. A lot of similarities, but one thing, it has a fairytale feel but is not supernatural/magical - more like a historical melodrama - think Jane Eyre. (In fact, it is a lot like Phantom, Jane Eyre and BatB rolled into one!)
Here's a vid I did of it to both PotO and BatB - I don't think it gives too much away. The others I've done more recently give too much away). If you want to see it, let me know and I'll send you a PM - I have the links to the site to watch it in English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsimDQGfoGI

And we can discuss Hidden Plot anytime you like. :)
The subforum is still here.

I'm a bit behind in everything right now - I finished one of my PotO stories on fanfiction recently, and am catching up on things I let slide to do that. lol
I have some pictures of LiP's PotO treasures I want to post on a thread soon, so keep a lookout for that. :)
Godzuki should be around soon- she still checks in from time to time.
NM has been busy, but she should be here eventually too.
I haven't heard from AM in awhile. (hope she's okay...)
honeyphan

Postby Rose » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Thank you honeyphan, but I can't play the video, I keep getting an error message...maybe it's my computer, :mad: I've had it for over a year now but it's way too complicated for me :argh:, I still haven't figured out how to operate half of it, I'm planning on buying a new one that is easier for me to deal with, I don't need half the crap that's on the one I've got now, lol :P

But thank you for telling me about it, sounds good! And I like that you mentioned Jane Eyre, I LOVE Jane Eyre, it's one of my favorite stories, I've got three film versions of it (1940, 2006 and 2011) and I love them all, Jane/Rochester are one of my favorite fictional couples, ;)

And yes I hope we can talk about the hidden plot again soon, one thing I've always loved about you honeyphan is you love analyzing things even more then me! LOL, looking for symbolism is a lot of fun, especially in a story that is just chock full of it like POTO. :mrgreen:
Rose

Postby Rose » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 pm

I got it working, I guess it was just my pesky comp, LOL

Oh that looks beautiful honeyphan, although I can't help but get a chuckle of how 'Beasts mask' is even smaller then Gerry's LOL :P :mrgreen: that little scar (if one can call it that) hardly makes him a 'beast' :rofl:

But now I want to watch the whole thing, :love: is it available on DVD?

Let me know, because you've got my interest now :mrgreen:
Rose

Postby honeyphan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Rose wrote:I got it working, I guess it was just my pesky comp, LOL

Oh that looks beautiful honeyphan, although I can't help but get a chuckle of how 'Beasts mask' is even smaller then Gerry's LOL :P :mrgreen: that little scar (if one can call it that) hardly makes him a 'beast' :rofl:

But now I want to watch the whole thing, :love: is it available on DVD?

Let me know, because you've got my interest now :mrgreen:

Thank you. :hearts:
It is on DVD, but not in the U.S.
I'll send you links through a PM and see if you can watch it from that (a girl on youtube posted it and sent the links to me, how I got it.)

Actually, its more than one scar- that side of his face is burned, and its more obvious in different light, but yeah, not as bad as the Phantom's for sure.

:music:
honeyphan

Postby ThePhantomsSiren » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Rose wrote:I've missed talking to you as well, :love:

I agree... I think she sounds just fine. And listening to the actual soundtrack, it sounds a lot better than the audio on YT (which does pitch it a little bit it seems).

Evermore is one of my favorites as well. I definitely caught the Phantom vibes as well the first time I heard it. It brings out the same emotions as If I Can't Love Her. I also really like the song Belle's father sings...it's so sweet! :hearts:
"I am not really wicked, love me and you will see!
All I wanted was to be loved for myself..."
ThePhantomsSiren

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Discuss All Things PotO