Links to all Scene Summaries of the Hidden Plot

For those who believe, or want to, that there was more to the story...

Links to all Scene Summaries of the Hidden Plot

Postby honeyphan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome to
The Scene Summaries of the Hidden Plot.

This will be the sticky thread and will contain all of the scene summaries for the 2004 movie, for the 25th stage show, and for Love Never Dies (movie and stage show both).

Although now it's blatantly clear that it was Erik and Christine in love all along (in PotO stage show too), I still don't think that LND is a sequel to the movie, (my personal opinion) because it doesn't fit with things shown (like the age she died and that Erik sent the roses) among other things. I believe the movie was just another medium he used to show another E/C story idea - of their love and eventual life together. And I think he did it through a fantasy/tragic love story about a king, his queen, and their music/love together, etc. Some of the symbolism might be left to interpretation- as far as if it was "darkness" (his own conflicts) or a true evil spirit haunting Erik- but the idea is now VERY clear. It's no longer hidden from sight - the movie IS about E/C being together and - because of ALW's clear story for LND- always loving each other.

He obviously prefers E/C and has always shown this...I believe Love Never Dies is just a different interpretation of the same idea- E/C. Just as the Phantasia CD is all about them singing "love duets" to one another- again, E/C. And with Love Never Dies, and the backstory released through it, it's now clear that the stage show was also about E/C and them being the true couple in love, the romance about them (not R/C). So he took a chance, (remember when he was nervous about doing LND but his friends encouraged him to proceed?)- and he came right out with it - SHOWING beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Erik loved Christine and Christine loved Erik - and she chose him.

Because this wouldn’t have been possible without the help of my team, and because it is impossible to acknowledge each person for their contributions without the possibility of forgetting someone at some time, I wish to send a blanket thank you and kudos for all the hard work to the original hidden plot unravelers who joined me in this quest for the hidden plot that began in June of 2005 - a month after I received the DVD - and to the newer members of our team who have also added their wonderful insights, help, and time in helping to discover more clues that end up having concreted the hidden plot even more. Thank you to all of you!

Please do not respond to this sticky thread only. It’s sole purpose is so anyone interested can click on the links to locate and read the scene summaries quickly and with ease. On all other topic threads, including the scene summaries themselves, feel free to respond if you want to. Thank you.

The POTO producer said this: "There is a lot of symbolism in the movie ... Some of the props we used do have a certain symbolism."

And much of the symbolism seems to tell a different story...

All pictures were taken directly off the movie, unless otherwise noted. To catch some of these clues, the movie had to be paused and played slo-mo or step by step - even zoomed - some are very subtly placed. Don't just rely on the pics though. Look at your own movie to see how they did the clues. The pictures are too big for this forum- so please note, it is sometimes necessary to right click and view image to see all of it, especially for the clues.

The creators of TV show LOST admitted they slip things in the background for a few frames only, knowing "technology allows their loyal, fervent viewers to find them" - other shows and movies have done it. We believe the POTO creators did this too...

Also, in the summaries I often refer to scenes by song title acronyms - for instance, TOM - is Think of Me. ... I tried to change all the terms of “Angel” to "Erik" but old habits die hard, so if you see him referred to as Angel, please know that means Erik, the flesh and blood man. I also called him king and King Music (for reasons later disclosed) and Angel of Music. (Since the movie didn't name him.) "Phantom" seemed to symbolize a whole different character.

I wrote scene summaries in lesson-form; please substitute any words you don’t like in the summaries for “believe” “feel” or “think”.

We don’t wish to force feed our interpretation on anyone - just to show what we found and what we (or in some cases I) believe it means. If it’s not clearly understandable how a certain conclusion was reached, just wait - everything will be made clearer as more scenes are revealed and this goes deeper into the story.

I went into deep detail for each scene, because I've learned from the past year of this unraveling that what one person might not consider important, another does and vice versa ... so if it seems at times like it's digging too deeply and some of the things are questionable or even too minor to mention - that's why. I tried to leave no stone uncovered; you decide if it's important or not.

Below are the links, followed by more info on the hidden plot, including the how and why of why we feel it's there, the basic story outline, etc.

*one last brief note: In order to get the full scope of the hidden plot picture and understand or enjoy it to its fullest, all scene summaries should be read in order they are here (not the movie), since some scenes contain important clues other scenes don't have that lead to the next scenes. It's sometimes important to understand those clues before moving on to the next scene, so as not to get lost. They showed the clues at a steadily progressive pace, hinting here and there, but toward the end, they come pretty fast and fierce.

And now, for the hidden plot, the deeper story we found in the movie ...

Scene One - "POTO Intro":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8

Scene Two-- "Hannibal":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9

Scene Three--"Think of Me":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10

Scene Four-- "Angel of Music":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11

Scene Five--"Little Lotte":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12]

Scene Six--"The Mirror/AOM":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13

Scene Seven--"Phantom of the Opera":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14

Scene Eight--"Music of the Night":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

Scene Nine-- Meg in Dressing Room & "Magical Lasso":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Scene Ten-- "I Remember" & STYDI":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17

Scene Eleven--"NOTES"

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18

Scene Twelve--"Prima Donna"

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19

Scene Thirteen-- "Il Muto":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20

Scene Fourteen-- “Why Have You Brought Me Here?”:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21

Scene Fifteen--"All I Ask of You:"

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22

Scene Sixteen-- “AIAOY Reprise”:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23

Scene Seventeen--"MASQUERADE!":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24

Scene Eighteen-- "Why So Silent...?" :

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25

Scene Nineteen-- Mirror/Torture chamber scene:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26

Scene Twenty-- M. Giry's Tale:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27

Scene Twenty-One-- “No One Would Listen” & “Seal My Fate”:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28

Scene Twenty-Two-- Journey to the Cemetery:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29

Scene Twenty-Three--“Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30

Scene Twenty-Four--"Wandering Child" & "Angel of Music":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31

Scene Twenty-Five-- The Swordfight in Cemetery:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32

Scene Twenty-Six-- “We Have All Been Blind” & “Twisted Every Way”:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33

Scene Twenty-Seven-- Don Juan Triumphant

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34 - part 1

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35 - part 2

Scene Twenty-Eight-- Point of No Return

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36 – part 1

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37 – part 2

Scene Twenty-nine--Down Once More (Part Three):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38 – part 1

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39 – part 2

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40 – Part 3

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41 - Part 4

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42 – Part 5

Scene ThirtyThe Auction

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43

Scene Thirty-One: Raoul's Ride to Cemetery

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44

Scene Thirty-Two: The Final Scene:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45

Symbolism of the 25th Anniversary stage show of the Phantom of the Opera- London (Ramin & Sierra)

Act 1, Scene 1

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47

Symbolism of LOVE NEVER DIES - London show -

Act 1

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52

Basically, we hidden plot unravelers feel we've unmasked a deeper story for the 2004 movie especially - a hidden story with an alternate ending where Christine marries her Angel of Music and he goes to live in the light with her. LND showed something on that order as well, though it ended in tragedy.

Was what we found all mega mistakes (hundreds of them that fit into a pattern) or doctored clues - as you read all of what we've found, you be the judge. Many thanks to two sisters (you know who you are) who told the WB board they found a deeper story in 2004, and dropped a few hints our way before leaving - hints which I ran with and formed my team of unravelers, who helped me dig deeper in putting together the whole picture. Some things we're still iffy on, but for the most part, we feel the mystery has been solved.

We learned this is an actual fantasy--At least twice in companion book they make it clear. Here's one (I bolded the words, not them): the POTO movie companion book says: “The world of 1919 is quite gritty and quite real, but it is still a fantasy.”

Also, freemasons were part of the POTO crew, and freemasonry uses allegory. And symbols. Both were used in this movie, and Austin Shaw said, "There is a lot of symbolism in the movie." And "Some of the props we used do have a certain symbolism."

In fact, we think they used every method available--the movie, the soundtrack, the companion book, etc, to subtly--often silently--tell a vastly different story through symbolism, also lights, colors, sounds, subtitles, and much more.

What it boils down to, from what we've seen, is that Erik was a king at the opera house - King Music we call him - and just like in Two Towers (LOTR) he was deceived by an evil spirit who influenced him. Since the king was a ruler, this dark spirit had everyone else in chains too.

From the zillion clues we found, and putting them all together, here's the gist of hidden plot (some of us differ on a few points - like Raoul's role and who he really was, etc, but for the most part, we all believe that this was an E/C romance with a happy triumphant ending) ... please don't mind the fairy tale prose. I wrote it out this way in my profile in fanfiction.net.

Phantom of the Opera--mini summary for movie (main story only, not b&w scenes):

Once long ago, in a kingdom devoted to song, there lived a man, a king, and a woman destined to become his queen. He loved her dearly, and from the time she was a little girl, up until she grew into a beautiful woman, he sang to her in dreams of comfort, watched over her, and trained her to become the only thing for which she desired and ever asked: Music. Because he was the spirit of Music, he created her into Music as well, and they gave to one another the gift of their song, singing only for the other.

The bonds between them grew powerful as her affection and awe for him strengthened into love. But an evil spirit sought to destroy them and take over the opera house kingdom. He deceived them both into believing he was their friend: For the king, since the time he was a child and caged by cruel gypsies. For his chosen queen, on the night she walked through the mirror and approached Music’s throne, for the first time seeing her king. The evil spirit acted as a false priest to the king, and the king listened to him. Because the king had a deformity, the spirit lied to him, saying he must always hide, so as to keep him chained in darkness. But his intended saw deep beauty in him, regardless of his face, and she hurt for his pain. She desired the light and tried to persuade her king to open his eyes to it.

Also in this kingdom lived a woman who faithfully served the king as his priest, since the day she saved him from death when he was a child. She also wrongfully thought the evil spirit was a friend since he had protected the boy, and she served him too. Her daughter was young and ignorant of many things, slowly growing into her role. She, too, served the king, but not the Darkness, though she did herald its arrival to the subjects of the kingdom.

Into this kingdom arrived a handsome priest of the Light who wanted to free the people from the evil spirit, whose curse remained over the opera house kingdom and all its subjects. But when he saw his childhood love, his greater mission became lost as he grew solely focused on and served her. He was blinded to all that was expected of him, though he did help the woman priest to see the truth, and she recognized the evil of the spirit and denied him, to serve the Light instead. The priest’s single-minded devotion for the young woman pushed him in to ignoring the kingdom rule of silence. Instead he committed treason and talked others into it as well--and he tried to take from the king his rightful queen. The king became hurt and angry when, out of fear of the Darkness, his intended did turn to her priest for a short time. But her love for the king triumphed, and she evaded plans for his capture, showing him what he must do to enter the light with her. Men sought to kill the king and fear made him retreat. He then allowed the evil spirit to wreak all the deadly terror he desired, but later regretted his decision.

In one fateful night, the evil spirit exacted his revenge. Lives were shattered, while one was reborn, and two hungry souls were even more strongly bonded by a kiss. At last, the king recognized his intended's love for him, and his own love for her made him realize he could not keep her with him. Broken, he ordered her to go. But she returned and made one final plea, showing him her eternal love by folding into his hand her ring of light and promise, afraid he might not make the choice she wanted, but knowing she must leave the darkness behind. The king, upon hearing her parting song of love to him and the priest’s vow to serve him, grew stronger in spirit, and he broke the evil spirit’s hold over his life, leaving his fallen kingdom behind to enter the world of his beloved and share a life with her. . .

Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Return to Board index

Return to Hidden Plot