Open chat -hidden plot- (movie & stage, Phantom & LND)

For those who believe, or want to, that there was more to the story...

Open chat -hidden plot- (movie & stage, Phantom & LND)

Postby honeyphan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 am

This begins the thread for open discussion on anything of either movie or show - The Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies - that could be hidden plot related...
and...
begin!

Image E/C manip made by me
honeyphan

Re: Open chat -hidden plot- (movie & stage, Phantom & LND)

Postby WynterVivaldi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:20 am

I heard something in WHABB/Twisted Every Way that I don't think was in HP yet--
Christine, Christine, Don't think that I don't care. But every hope, and every prayer rests on you now.
When Raoul sings this line, it has the tune of Prima Donna, almost as if it once more shows his priesthood to her, worshipping her almost as they did Carlotta, which shows that she really is the Queen of Music.
WynterVivaldi

Postby honeyphan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 pm

WynterVivaldi wrote:I heard something in WHABB/Twisted Every Way that I don't think was in HP yet--
Christine, Christine, Don't think that I don't care. But every hope, and every prayer rests on you now.
When Raoul sings this line, it has the tune of Prima Donna, almost as if it once more shows his priesthood to her, worshipping her almost as they did Carlotta, which shows that she really is the Queen of Music.

I'm not sure if Star had that in her song analysis (she usually mentioned if they had the same tune as another song)- but I like your observations! :)
honeyphan

Postby WynterVivaldi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 am

Thank you~ I watch/listen to it almost everyday on YT or in my iTunes when I'm on my comp so I end up picking out these stuff :P

Ever since I noted we were supposed to listen, I've been madly paying attention to the music, nonstop listening at full blast(how is it I haven't gone deaf :rofl: )
WynterVivaldi

Postby ThePhantomsSiren » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:32 am

Not sure if this was brought up in previous hidden plot discussions, but I was listening to the Original Cast Recording today and never really paid much attention to how different the Final Lair lyrics were (in relation to how they are sung today)....until we got into the symbolism within the hidden plot;)

In the Original Cast Recording, MC sings:
"Take her, Forget me
Forget all of this.
Leave me alone,
Forget all you've seen.
Go now. Don't let them find you!
Take the boat. Leave me here. Go now don't wait!
Just take her and go, before its too late!

Go!
Go now! Go now and leave me!"

Those lines scream hidden plot--at least to me! :angel: What really struck me was the line "Leave me here....Just take her and go, before it's too late." Too late for what?--- Getting caught by the mob under the influence of the phantom Spirit on their way to kill his queen because she failed her "ordeal by fire" perhaps??? ;) Since the very beginning Erik has told Raoul to leave him behind and bring his Queen of Music to safety.
"I am not really wicked, love me and you will see!
All I wanted was to be loved for myself..."
ThePhantomsSiren

Postby honeyphan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:33 pm

ThePhantomsSiren wrote:Not sure if this was brought up in previous hidden plot discussions, but I was listening to the Original Cast Recording today and never really paid much attention to how different the Final Lair lyrics were (in relation to how they are sung today)....until we got into the symbolism within the hidden plot;)

In the Original Cast Recording, MC sings:
"Take her, Forget me
Forget all of this.
Leave me alone,
Forget all you've seen.
Go now. Don't let them find you!
Take the boat. Leave me here. Go now don't wait!
Just take her and go, before its too late!

Go!
Go now! Go now and leave me!"

Those lines scream hidden plot--at least to me! :angel: What really struck me was the line "Leave me here....Just take her and go, before it's too late." Too late for what?--- Getting caught by the mob under the influence of the phantom Spirit on their way to kill his queen because she failed her "ordeal by fire" perhaps??? ;) Since the very beginning Erik has told Raoul to leave him behind and bring his Queen of Music to safety.

Definitely HP -
The Italian version of that last scene that someone sent me (and I have yet to post) also screams that the whole scene was Christine in danger from the mob as well as Erik, and Erik wanting her safe- telling her to go with Raoul so that she would be.

:hearts:
honeyphan

Return to Board index

Return to Hidden Plot