Secret Santa!

For those who believe, or want to, that there was more to the story...

Re: Secret Santa!

Postby nightsmusic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:46 pm

SNOW! We had a high of 10 here today. It's going to be 2 out overnight and we're getting another 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow. I'm cold! :snowman: And next week, single digits ALL week...

Come on spring!

I have an eReader. I don't use it much for reading, but I do buy the $0.99 books when something strikes my fancy. I'm still a tactile, paperback book girl at heart...
nightsmusic
Site Admin

Postby lifeinparadise1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:27 pm

OT, glad you're not in the path of all that rain, but maybe a bit of snow would be welcome? :snowman:

My mail. Definitely takes some explanation. Receipt of mail, and especially packages, from outside of the country in Mexico is an iffy subject. Letters and bills can arrive literally months after they were actually sent. FedEx, UPS and DHL do a good job of getting important papers delivered here, but that can be very pricey. I pay bills and do my shopping online. Items I order are sent to my US address, and I do try to get there once a year and go through everything.

For various reasons I had not been Stateside for three years. There was a virtual mountain of packages to wade through.....mostly stuff for my PotO collection, but also clothes and sandals. Fun, but exhausting, and it was right before Christmas.....so I guess it was an appropriate time. :) And no, I don't have junk mail as my DS does an outstanding job of sorting. I really have little business mail because I do everything online and am fairly paperless. I like to save trees whenever I can! :angel:

Occasionally a family member or close friend will bring me a package or item that I ask for, but that never seems to work well. Example: I had special ordered replacement drawer pulls for my antique china cabinet the first week of December. They were to be shipped to a DS who would arrive in Mexico last week of January with my pulls. 8 weeks later and they did not arrive at his house until he actually returned to the States in February. So my pulls are resting in his workshop until I'm there in July. But on the plus side, I'll only have six months of stuff to get through this time! :rofl:

BTW, package companies within Mexico do an excellent job of delivering stuff, but they are totally separate from the mail system. If I have to get some piece of paperwork mailed on the moment I can go to the US Consular office and they send it out in the daily diplomatic pouch. That's also how I renew my Passport. Just give old one to them and I get new one in a week or so. :mrgreen:

The computer has made living here possible, but I could write a book about the trials and tribulations of mail. :violin: :foot: :foot:
lifeinparadise1

Postby Gerry's Protector » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

OMG! I completely missed this. I look forward every year for my secret Santa and this year I just got so busy, I realized it back in Feb that I never heard anything about it. This is why I didn't, it wasn't sent in a email.

Do anyone have my updated contact info? I'm seriously out of touch with you all.
Gerry's Protector

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Hidden Plot